Daily Devotion for October 10, 2016
'Refiner of Silver'
Malachi 3:3 NLT
HE will sit and judge like a refiner of silver, watching closely as the dross is burned away.
Many will be purified, cleansed, and refined by these trials...
HE will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
1 Peter 1:7
These trials are only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold. So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
I came across an interesting post yesterday: a post about the purifying process of silver. Check this out:
1) First of all, a silver worker must heat up the metal with fire. As the silver melts, the impurities separate from the metal and rise to the surface.
2) Next, the silver worker skims off the impurities, leaving behind pure silver.
3) While heating the metal with fire, the worker stays with the silver: he cannot leave the metal unattended, because he needs to constantly watch, regulate, and control the melt-off. He applies more heat when stubborn impurities remain, but he also makes sure the fire never gets too hot (too hot will ruin the metal).
4) Finally, the silver worker knows when the purifying process is done: he knows when it's done when his reflection appears in the metal's clear, pure surface...
Lord Jesus, it's so hard sometimes to count our fiery troubles, difficulties, situations as opportunities “for joy” (James 1:2-4). Yes, Lord: it's so easy to forget—as we feel the heat—that it is through the fire You cleanse, purify, and refine us! As we face each new day (each day with it's own purifying troubles and hardships—Matthew 6:34, John 16:33!), help us Believers to remember...
1) There is holy PURPOSE in our pain—our good Father is PURIFYING us! (Lord, we give our hearts to You so You can burn off the stubborn impurities!)
2) Our Father is WITH us as He refines us with refiner's fire! And He NEVER let's the heat become so hot that it will ruin us! (Savior, may Your holy, cleansing fire cause us to cling to You! As You heat things up, we don't have to be afraid: You are WITH us, You are our all-sufficient strength, You sustain us, and You are working things out for Your glory and our best good!)
3) As we are purified, our Lord's reflection becomes more and more clear to those around us! (Praise YOU, Lord! CLEANSE us so we look and think and act more like YOU!)
Yes, Lord...help us remember the GOOD the silver worker does to the silver—and the GOOD You are doing in us! We ask this in Your name, Lord Jesus...
Post a Comment
Comments for this post have been disabled.