Daily Devotion for May 1, 2017
'Lord, You are my Strength'
Jeremiah 16:19 NLT
Lord, You are my strength and fortress, my refuge in the day of trouble!
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.
He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; He offers strength to the weak...those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.
And He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.
There are days when I have cried out to God, “I can't DO this! It's too much!” Truth is, I'm actually pretty close to that place today (for a myriad of reasons!)! But every time I get “here,” to this place of desperation, I remind myself of a few simple truths...
1) Each day is an opportunity for me choose to “do,” live for, and glorify my Savior, and sometimes the doing He calls me to do is hard, but He's with me, enabling me, equipping me...
2) The Lord is my mighty “refuge” when I turn to Him for “strength” in “the day of trouble!” His strength will ALWAYS be enough!
3) Moreover, the Lord is “ALWAYS ready to help in times of trouble:” I just need to ask!
4) Furthermore, “He gives power to those who are tired and worn out! He offers strength to the weak! Those who wait on the Lord will find new strength” to do whatever He has called them to do!
5) “I can do EVERYTHING with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need!”
6) He “will give (me) all (I) need from day to day” (NOT week to week, NOT even two days in advance!) “if (I) live for Him and make the Kingdom of God (my) primary concern”...
7) Today, I am to “be strong” in His strength and “not lose courage, for there is reward for (my) work” (2 Chronicles 15:7)! “Patient endurance is what (I) need right now, so that (I) will continue to do God's will. Then (I) will receive all that has been promised” (Hebrews 10:36)!
Lord, thank You for giving us the opportunity to live for You...with You right by our side! Thank you for being our refuge and our strength! We take this day to You, and we ask for Your strength and courage so we do today 1) trusting You, 2) relying on You, and 3) in a manner that glorifies You. We know You will give us all we “need” today so we can do this. We ask this in Your name, Lord...
Post a Comment
Comments for this post have been disabled.