Daily Devotion for February 8, 2017
Job 5:10 NAS
He gives rain on the earth and sends water on the fields...
Psalm 68:7-10 NAS
O God, when You went forth before Your people, when You marched through the wilderness, Selah. The earth quaked; The heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God; Sinai itself quaked at the presence of God, the God of Israel. You shed abroad a plentiful rain, O God; You confirmed Your inheritance when it was parched. Your creatures settled in it; You provided in Your goodness for the poor, O God.
It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the Lord your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul, that He will give the rain for your land in its season, the early and late rain...
Acts 14: 16-17
In the generations gone by He permitted all the nations to go their own ways; and yet He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good and gave you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.
I have always disliked the rain...I mean, REALLY disliked it. As a kid—the rains made a mess of my outdoor sports/hobbies, it got me wet (I liked being dry!), it messed up my glasses, and it made the horse stable muddy (lots more work!). Fast forward to adulthood, and the rain STILL messes up my life, but my feelings toward rain have just DRASTICALLY IMPROVED! That is, I actually stopped and truly praised God for the rain—for the first time—after being (very recently) reminded by Franklin Graham that “in the Bible, rain is a sign of God's blessing”...
WOAH! Why hadn't I thought about that all these years? Why had I never considered what God said about rain? I always hated the rain because it messed up MY plans—so my own feelings, preferences, and agendas blocked my ability to see and receive God's truth! I never considered rain as a blessing because I was thinking about it from my point of view (NOT God's way!).
Makes me wonder what else I'm “wrong” about...
From now on, I plan on having a new outlook on rain! And from now on...
1) I will remember that “in the Bible, rain IS a sign of God's blessing!”
2) I will remind myself that God “DID GOOD” in sending “rains from heaven...satisfying (our) hearts!”
3) I will be reminded by the rain that my God is PRESENT (“The heavens...dropped rain at the presence of God!”
4) I will be reminded by the rain that I am to “listen obediently to (God's) commandments... to love the Lord (my) God and to serve Him with all (my) heart and all (my) soul”...for my God has RAINED His blessings of eternal life, forgiveness, love and salvation (through faith in His Son! ) on ME!
5) And I will be reminded by the rain that my own feelings, preferences, and agendas can block my ability to see and receive God's Truth!
Thank You, Lord, for the rain...and for the very important lesson!
Post a Comment
Comments for this post have been disabled.