Daily Devotion for August 2, 2017
'Jesus Called a Little Child to Him'
Matthew 18:1-5, 10 NLT
About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?”
Jesus called a little child to Him and put the child among them. Then He said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
“And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on My behalf is welcoming Me.
Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of My heavenly Father.
Well, since my brain is in VBS mode, and I just thought I'd share some neat stuff that's happening with the “Feeding Those Who Feed Us” VBS in Patterson:
1) We have LOTS of kids and women attending, and they keep coming! For example, the first day I had 13, and yesterday I had 22! In total, we have about 80 (children through adults) attending right now!
2) When I asked one of my students where all these kids were coming from, he said they (the kids) were inviting their friends!
3) The kids actually LISTEN to the lessons and their teachers! They are EXCITED to learn about the God who loves them...and who loves them even when they make bad choices!
4) Out of the 22 children I've had, not one of them knew what the Bible was... :(
5) Carlos, one of my students who interrupted last year to ask, “Teacher, who is Jesus?”....well, he's back! He sits in the front every day, and he leans in when I talk about God! He can't wait to hear about the Savior...
6) I wish you could have seen how big their eyes became when I told them God could hear them ANYWHERE!
Please keep the “Feeding Those Who Feed Us” VBS staff in your prayers, folks...and all those attending! It's hot...but the kids and adults are coming to hear the Good News! Our desire is that God uses us to share the Gospel with this unreached people group right here in California:
And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on My behalf is welcoming Me!”
Post a Comment
Comments for this post have been disabled.